UV Flatbed Printing
With our state-of-the-art UV flatbed printer, Pella Engraving & Sign Company can print color, text, and images onto materials like aluminum and Metalphoto®. We can easily incorporate photos, corporate logos, government seals, and more onto plaques, signage, and nameplates for our customers.
Our team starts by uploading the project design—either provided by the client or created by PEC—to the UV flatbed printer. Material is loaded into the printing bed. As the bed moves through the printer, the nozzle first lays down a primer to provide a solid base and improve printing adhesion. Ink is applied next, then gloss overlays if needed. The UV light follows the nozzle and cures each layer as it is applied.
Advantages of UV Flatbed Printing
Why choose UV color?
- Any color is a possibility at no extra charge.
- Printing is available on a wide range of materials, including wood, ceramic tiles, plastics, glass, and metal.
- UV flatbed printing produces highly durable images that are resilient to abrasion and solvents.
- Images and text produced by the printer are crisp, vibrant, and detailed.
- UV flatbed printing provides the fastest turnaround time of all our color plaque options.
- We can print on objects up to 18″ x 24″ in diameter and 6″ thick.