- Thursday, 13 October 2016 14:38
Pella Engraving Company’s booth at the Great Northern Printers’ Fair
A few weeks ago, PEC enjoyed a fun Saturday at the Great Northern Printers’ Fair at the Old Threshers Hall in Mount Pleasant, Iowa. We were excited to showcase our letterpress die printing capabilities with some designs manufactured exclusively for the fairgoers and those attending the Ladies of Letterpress’s Type on the Cob event, which happened concurrently to the fair.
We found a truly invigorating and innovative group of people dedicated to the timeless art of printing! PEC extends a big thank-you to Ladies of the Letterpress, which we sponsor, for making this opportunity possible!
Pella Engraving manufactures all kinds of magnesium dies. In addition to letterpress dies, we also make hot stamping dies, embossing dies and debossing dies, thermal dies, casting patterns, leather stamping dies, and graphic overlay dies.
- Thursday, 26 February 2015 16:21
PEC has a long history in the die industry—81 years, in fact. The company began as a letterpress die manufacturer for small-town newspapers in 1934. Throughout the years, PEC has continued to make letterpress dies, while expanding its die offering to include the following:
- Hot stamping or foil stamping dies – Used with ink to print or foil stamp to create clean, crisp images on material such as cloth, leather, and more
- Thermal kiss cutting dies – Generally used to cut outlines of a shape or logo on decals
- Embossing dies – A male/female die set can be used to create raised text or images on paper and other light materials
Visit our die web page to learn more about our size, thickness, mounted base, and setup options for dies. If you’d like a price quote, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-549-5447 and ask for Bruce or Janeen. They’d be happy to answer any quoting or die questions you might have.